Wysłany: 2017-06-15, 10:29 H3 random map generator alternative
I'm creating an alternative random map generator for Heroes 3.
- templates with much more control of what is generated resulting in more predictable and balanced maps
- allows to customize generated doodad and creatures to create more thematic maps
- no water or underground can currently be generated
- max 1 town/castle per zone
So validations are not yet included so I guess I will need to add them and also basic tutorial is not a bad idea too.
ZoneType->Size must be a number and cannot be empty
Object->Quantity must be a number or number% and cannot be empty
Object->Quantity % should not be too high or the objects won't fit the zone(use the calculator icon to find out how many object will be generated)
If you specify custom guards you should not leave the inputs empty
[ Dodano: 2017-06-15, 17:15 ]
Mam 2 pytania:
1. Ktoś to przestestował?
2. Co to jest doodad?
Only I tested it so far, the maps are usually generated playable, when not it tries to regenerate the map a new.
However if the input is bad it will always fail so I will need to add some validations.
Doodad is the decorative part of the map (impassable objects that you cannot interact with) like mountains, trees ...
I'll experiment with it and send some feedback soon. As Dago said it's features might overlap with next HotA update, although if HotA templates don't work with SoD, then it can still prove being very useful.
I'm actually from Slovakia so I understand something but not quite everything so I also have to use google translator.
I wanted to also have the possibility to create HOTA maps(already have the info) but if the HOTA guys are doing something on their own I'm all for it.
[ Dodano: 2017-06-27, 14:47 ]
- HotA maps are now also supported
- Less portals more ground connections
- Portal locations more optimal
- Action objects should not overlap anymore
- Added posibility to specify approximate zone location
- Decoration classes simplified
- More items and item options
- Added new validations for template errors
- Various bug and cosmetic fixes
I will maybe try it, but before i do i would really liek to seew anyone else's feedback.
Maybe just try to generate a few maps and tell me your feedback (both playability and aestetics).
Or even better play a game on one of the templates and tell me if you enjoyed it.
[ Dodano: 2017-10-08, 11:01 ]
* improved map generation
- improved early fault detection and repair mechanisms
* fixed town picking on create game screen
- only viable towns are now selectable
* you may now select multiple zone types for a zone
- the zone type will be chosen randomly from the list
* added new map object classes
* warehouse now correctly generates any warehouse type
- additionally specific warehouses were added (gold, wood/ore, sulphur/mercury/crystal/gems)
* player teams can now be customized
* custom border width of a zone type can now be specified
* in object groups -> advanced settings it is now possible to specify a artifact/spell/sec. skill subgroup
- these setting apply to shrines, spell scrolls, artifacts and witch huts
Nie możesz pisać nowych tematów Nie możesz odpowiadać w tematach Nie możesz zmieniać swoich postów Nie możesz usuwać swoich postów Nie możesz głosować w ankietach Nie możesz załączać plików na tym forum Możesz ściągać załączniki na tym forum